Immortal Gems of Thought
I've always liked immortal quotes and gems of thought. The commanding intellect and rich imagination of these wise sayings inspires us in the conduct of our life. The secret of the power of these quotes is a remarkable blending of dignity and familiarity in an attractive style. The following Quotes are notable for their precision and wisdom. My favorites are quotes by the renowned existential authors Sartre and Camus:
1. I think that all happiness depends on the energy to assume the mask of some other self; that all joyous or creative life is a rebirth as somethingnot oneself, something which has no memory and is created in a moment and perpetually renewed…If we cannot imagine ourselves as different from what we are and try to assume that second self, we cannot impose discipline upon ourselves. Active virtue, therefore, is theatrical, consciously dramatic, the wearing of a mask.-W.B.Yeats
2. Everything has been figured out, except how to live.-Jean-Paul Sartre
3. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious thatwhen and how don't matter.-Albert Camus
4. Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
-Mark Twain (1835-1910)
5.We think in generalities, but we live in details.-Alfred North Whitehead (1861-1947)
6. It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.-Voltaire
7. There are some things one remembers even though they may never have happened.- Harold Pinter
8. I am the people-the mob-the crowd -the mass.. Do you know that all the great work of the world is done through me?-C. Sandburg
9. If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.