The dominant element in our thinking should be to make ourself useful. This recharges our emotional batteries, and the negative or pessimistic thoughts are over. “There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist” (Mark Twain). We can become optimist in our attitude towards life by the following steps:
1. We should create a healthy fantasy. For example, imagine and visualize that your book has won a prestigious award. Imagine the speech you will make at the award-presentation ceremony.
Such fantasies make us optimist with positive vibrations in the mind.
2. To become optimist, it is necessary to chant-“Every day I am gettingbetter and better”, or some other positive refrain.
3. We should stop blaming ourself. Charles Dickens wisely remarks: “Reflect
4. It is very beneficial to divert our mind by recreation.
5. Lose yourself for awhile. Take naps, walk, meditate and read.
6. Decide to live in the here and now. Live with the moment. Forget the future; you are not in control there. Let your senses respond to the moment. An incredible cosmic energy will help you in miraculous ways.
7. Find other outlets and interests to pour out your energy.